Professor, Head of Department
Ph.D., Osmania University, Hyderabad, India, 1957
#, Crawford Science Tower
- Ordinary and partial differential equations
- The general area of nonlinear analysis.
Dr. Lakshmikantham's research activities focus on nonlinear analysis, differential and integral equations, quasilinearization, numerical mathematics and evolution operators.
Current Research Projects
- Chairman of the Global Organizing Committee and President of the International Federation of Nonlinear Analysts (IFNA)
- Founder, IFNA
- Chief organizer of the World Congress of Nonlinear Analysts, held in Tampa, FL (1992); Athens, Greece (1996); Catania, Sicily, Italy (2000)
- Editor of four journals-Journal of Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods, and Applications, Stochastic Analysis, Nonlinear Studies and Mathematical Problems in Engineering
- Associate Editor of 14 various other journals
Dr. Lakshmikantham has taught mathematics at the college level since 1955. He is the editor of several books and monographs including a series entitled Nonlinear Mathematics, Theory, Methods and Applications. He has authored more than 30 monographs.
- Lakshmikantham, V. and V.S. Vatsala. 1998. Generalized Quasilinearization for Nonlinear Problems, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands.
- Lakshmikantham, V. and S.G. Deo. 1998. Method of Variation of Parameters for Dynamic Systems, Gordon and Breach, OPA, Amsterdam, B.V.
Dr. Lakshmikantham has over 270 published papers and more than 25 research monographs.