- Mission Statement
- Historical Timeline
- Fact Card
- Prospective Faculty
- About Brevard County
- Military and Veteran Resources
- Florida Tech Sustainability
- Create the Future, Capital Campaign
Visit Florida Tech
- Undergraduate Degrees
- Graduate Degrees
- Off-Campus Programs
- Online Learning
- Continuing Education Programs
- University Catalog
- College of Science
- Premedical Studies
- Physics and Space Sciences
- Message from the Dept. Head
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Graduate Policies (GRASP)
- Faculty and Staff
- Olin Observatory/Ortega Telescope
- PSS Colloquium
- Public Science Lecture Series
- Other Local Science Events
- SARA Observatory
- Student Clubs and Projects
- Internal Pages
- Campus Resources
- Contact Info
Physics & Space SciencesFlorida Institute of Technologyuniverse@fit.edu150 W. University BlvdMelbourne, Florida 32901Phone: (321) 674-8795Fax: (321) 674-7482
In the News
Florida Tech researchers cheer Nobel physics award, article in Florida Today.
Dr. Oluseyi is featured in the National Geographic program, "Evacuate Earth," reviewed here in the New York Times.
The American Variety radio show on NPR features an interview with Dr. Hohlmann about the discovery of the Higgs boson at the LHC.
The Economist features Dr. Hohlmann's muon tomography project in this article.
P/SS particle physics students present at the Florida Academy of Sciences, Florida Tech NOW article.
Florida Tech Newsroom
The Department of Physics and Space Sciences at Florida Tech offers students a solid foundation in the physical sciences with the personalized attention of our 15 full-time faculty. Our department was the first in the country to offer a degree in Space Sciences, and we are still among only a handful that offers this degree today. Our graduates obtain employment at NASA, in the private-sector industry, and academia.
We offer our students unique real-world learning opportunities in a range of areas:
- Astronomy and Astrophysics (using our 0.8-m Ortega Telescope, or the SARA network of three 1-m class telescopes located around the world)
- High-Energy Particle Physics (in our HEP and Detector Development Laboratories)
- Space Physics and Space Weather
- Lightning Research
- Planetary Science
Visit the Alumni Page - tell us your news and see what your classmates have been doing!
Open Faculty Positions:
- Faculty Position in Space Physics.
- Faculty Position in Planetary Science.
- Faculty Position in Lightning Physics.
Join us on Facebook:
No events to display.
© Florida Institute of Technology.
All rights reserved.