The Department of Physics and Space Sciences at Florida Tech offers students a solid foundation in the physical sciences with the personalized attention of our 15 full-time faculty. Our department was the first in the country to offer a degree in Space Sciences, and we are still among only a handful that offers this degree today. Our graduates obtain employment at NASA, in the private-sector industry, and academia.
We offer our students unique real-world learning opportunities in a range of areas:
- Astronomy and Astrophysics (using our 0.8-m Ortega Telescope, or the SARA 0.9-m telescope located at Kitt Peak National Observatory outside Tucson, Arizona)
- High-Energy Particle Physics (in our HEP and Detector Development Laboratories)
- Space Physics and Space Weather
- Lightning Research
Visit the Alumni Page - tell us your news and see what your classmates have been doing!
Current Open Positions in the Dept.:
- Two Faculty Positions in Astronomy/Astrophysics and Space Physics
- Post-doc Position in Lightning Initiation and Propagation
No events to display.