The Department of Physics and Space Sciences at Florida Tech offers students a solid foundation in the physical sciences with the personalized attention of our 16 full-time faculty. Our department was the first in the country to offer a degree in Space Sciences, and we are still among only a handful that offers this degree today. Our graduates obtain employment at NASA, in the private-sector industry, and academia.
We offer our students unique real-world learning opportunities in a range of areas:
- Astronomy and Astrophysics (using our 0.8-m Ortega Telescope, or the SARA network of three 1-m class telescopes located around the world)
- High-Energy Particle Physics (in our HEP and Detector Development Laboratories)
- Space Physics and Space Weather
- Lightning Research
- Planetary Science
Visit the Alumni Page - tell us your news and see what your classmates have been doing!
Open Faculty Positions
- Faculty Position in Planetary Science
- Faculty Position in Lightning Physics
- Faculty Position in Physics
Open Post-doc Positions
Join us on Facebook:
No events to display.